Friday, November 6, 2009

Kissy Face

To date, this is by far the cutest thing Jaden has done. For the past few weeks he gives kisses all of the time. This is particularly interesting considering he really didn't start kissing until August. Now he is unstoppable.

For Jaden, right now, the kissing business is serious business. For example, when Dustin puts his coat on in the morning to leave for work Jaden chases him around the house with the same face as is photoed above. This face is always accompanied by "ooo-ooo" which translates into "kiss me now, now, now!".

Another funny thing is that one kiss is never enough. Our bedtime routine has gotten a little silly recently. Jaden puts approximately 35 toys and books in his crib before he feels his nest is ready for him. Finally I put him in his crib and tell him to "lie down and I'll cover you up." He dutifully puts himself into a horizontal position -- for a millisecond. Then he shoots up, grabs a hold of the side of the crib and puts on his best kissy face complete with sound effects. I kiss him, hold his cheeks and tell him I love him. And then we do it all over again. He would do this as many times as I would let him. And, I have to be honest, this is a hard habit of which not to take advantage. Eventually I tell him this is the "last one" and make my grand exit. He never cries, but sometimes I still hear him "ooo-ooo"-ing as I shut the door.

It is heartbreakingly adorable.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...this does sound particularly adorable. I love that he just cannot get enough kisses from you & Dustin. So very sweet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the translations for each of his sounds. You are so good at Jaden-ese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete