Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gender Neutral?

As I checked in on Jaden last night before I went to bed, I had to untwist him from a book that has accompanied him to sleep since the day we bought it three weeks ago. The name of the book? "Trucks." That's it. And that is all he desires.

This morning he asked to have his new truck, a gift from a thoughtful neighbor, on the table with him during breakfast. I turned my back, and the next thing I knew the bed of the truck had become his new cereal bowl. (And, no, I don't feed my kid cat food. Those little kibbles are Cracklin' Oat Bran. Yum.)

Later this morning Jaden nearly jumped out of his skin because the garbage truck came by, and then the recycling truck made its rounds. The driver even honked at him and the neighbor boy we were playing with at the time. This = awesome.

We bought some sippy cups a few months back that have little trucks on them. We are lucky that Jaden takes in fluids the days he uses them, as he is so busy pointing to the vehicles making his amazing truck sounds.

I swear I have done nothing to encourage this stereotypical obsession. I don't care if Jaden plays with dolls, strollers, or tanks as long as he is enjoying himself and letting me drink my morning coffee. He has fallen in love with these four-wheeled monsters on his own, and I don't think there is a thing I can do about it.

I guess my collection of Hello Kitty paraphernalia will have to wait for our little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture! The scale had me confused at first when you said that was cereal...because to me it looked like those were giant crakers or something...guess the truck was slightly smaller than I originally thought.

    Yes, hang onto that Hello Kitty stuff...it doesn't sound like Jaden wants anything to do with it...unless Hello Kitty has a MONSTER TRUCK accessory (maybe that is available on the down-low).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trucks, cars, anything with wheels - huge hit here too! Jaden is just adorable with turning the bed of the truck into a plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! So far, Daniel is not interested at all in any of his stuffed animals. I've even tried to get him to attach to a stuffed monkey to sleep with, but he would rather throw him out of the crib! Everything is better when it's thrown!

    ReplyDelete