Monday, August 4, 2008

Cribs-R-Us


Until about a month ago, all the word "cribs" meant to me was that it was yet another show teenagers watch of which I'm completely out-of-touch. Seriously. I think I once designed a lesson plan based on my interpretation of the show. It was something to the effect of "James Madison's Crib" complete with primary source documents. My students were impressed by the name only.
For a month, I've been researching cribs. First, I wanted white furniture, then a natural wood. I read review after review on-line. I've been to Babies-R-Us no less than 5 times just wandering around shaking various pieces of furniture. On Saturday, my husband and I went and we conquered. We chose this crib and a matching dresser (referred to as a "combo" in babyland). Black. It was the one I loved most the first time in the store, but told myself it wasn't "baby" enough. Now, I think it is perfect.

I know it is superficial, consumeristic and all of those good things. It is also a safe, sturdy bed for my child(ren) to use over the next several years. As soon as we get it set up, it will be our constant reminder of what is to be in a few short months. A family. A baby. A crib.

1 comment:

  1. Love the crib! Love the black! And it's not "consumeristic." It's "necessary." ;)

    ReplyDelete